Geocaching in and around Weobley
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. There are currently over a dozen "cache types" in geocaching, with each cache type being a different variation of the game.
At its simplest level, geocaching requires these eight steps:
1. Register for a free Basic Membership.
2. Visit the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page.
3. Enter your postal code and click "search."
4. Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
5. Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
6. Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
7. Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
8. Share your geocaching stories and photos online.
”We were keeping our eye on this one in the hope that we would be able to attempt an FTF for February. The details on the cache listing and accompanying trail map attracted our attention as it looked like a favourite sort of cache experience for us.
Our journey of forty plus miles was mostly through rain, sometimes heavy, but fortunately it stopped as we approached the village. We had noticed "tasters" of black and white buildings on our journey, and we were delighted to discover a village full of such architecture. Even in the dark, we thought the village is very attractive. We attempted to take some photos but most turned out blurred due to lack of light and no tripod. We MUST come again in daylight to take some photos.
We thoroughly enjoyed searching for the plaques and learning about the village. You have certainly put a lot of work into the cache. Thank you - it is very much appreciated.”