Get the very latest news from the BIG DIG
Hidden under our feet
It's exciting to uncover a lost world of human stories just a few shovelfuls right beneath our feet. At the Weobley BIG DIG we're already discovering treasures that we have been living right on top of without realising it. We've already discovered clues about what might have been in the Village centuries ago, and are now dating the things that we find.
We asked you to get involved ...and you didn't disappoint
- Over 80 people volunteered for the Big Dig, many volunteering to undertake several tasks
- 23 landowners volunteered to have pits dig in their gardens, plus the school and the scouts will dig their own pits.
- 37 volunteered to excavate
- 25 volunteered to man the Visitor Centre
- 16 volunteered to help with refreshments
- 13 volunteered to help with the exhibition
- 19 volunteered to help with stewarding
- 17 volunteered to help in the Museum
- 8 volunteered to help display finds
- and a staggering 46 volunteered to clean finds.
Want to know more?
Then do please get in touch by calling Roger Burrage, Secretary of Weobley & District Local History Society on 01544 318053 or e-mail [email protected]
The Weobley BIG DIG has been made possible by the generous support of the National Lottery Heritage Fund to whom we are extremely grateful, along with a band of amazing volunteers. Thank you to you all.